Vision, Mission, Belief and Purpose
To create a school climate that challenges all learners to reach their
individual potential, to create a foundation for future success, to instill a
sense of community and to prepare them for the role they will play in facing the challenges of the future.
The mission of Piney Chapel Elementary School is to provide a safe and
nurturing environment that produces students who strive to meet their
maximum potential while becoming well-rounded citizens who are life-long learners.
The goals, objectives, and strategies guiding Piney Chapel Elementary School are based on the following shared values and beliefs about educating our children in a global society and the role of education in the life of our community.
· Student learning is the priority of the school.
· Student learning needs should be the primary focus of all decisions impacting the work of the school
· All students can learn.
· Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning.
· Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
· Challenging expectations increase individual student performance.
· A student’s self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff.
· The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is going to enable students to be confident, self-directed, life-long learners.