To create a school climate that challenges all learners to reach their individual potential, to create a foundation for future success, to instill a sense of community and to prepare them for the role they will play in facing the challenges of the future.
The mission of Piney Chapel Elementary School is to provide a safe and nurturing environment that produces students who strive to meet their maximum potential while becoming well-rounded citizens who are life long learners.
The goals, objectives, and strategies guiding Piney Chapel Elementary School are based on the following shared values and beliefs about educating our children in a global society and the role of education in the life of our community.
- Student learning is the priority of the school.
- Student learning needs should be the primary focus of all decisions impacting the work of the school
- All students can learn.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
- Challenging expectations increase individual student performance.
- A student’s self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff.
- The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is going to enable students to be confident, self-directed, life-long learners.